Pages

Friday 23 November 2012

Fashionable

“Today it is fashionable to talk about the poor. Unfortunately, it is not fashionable to talk with them.” ~ Mother Teresa

Oh man. Do I really need to say anything to this? I live so segregated from the poor. Now, I really think impoverished Americans have it much better than those in other countries because of the vast amount of social services and free government care we provide. Still, there is no reason for me to be so distanced. My mum always says I care too much for my social life. I typically see my friends once to twice a week, sometimes more.  I feel it's how I keep sane, because working with people who are in preschool is lonely. But what if I could give that much time to people who aren't loved? It's easy to love on the lovable, and to have coffee dates and lunches with them. What if I did that with the poor?


1 comment: